Monday 18 June 2012

Purple Puto

a poem by Roger B Rueda

Was being had for lunch by a couple,
their faces looking famished,
pale, underfed,
their clothes – ukay-ukay ones
were much better,
an elevated patch of plants
their seat.
At our approach they hid
themselves behind a luxury car
and a squad car
parked along the street
across from a hall of justice
jarred by an earthquake.
I tried to point at the purple puto
they were eating but my friends
carrying their Chowking
and Greenwich takeaways
hadn’t got interested in it
as we all were about
to enter a hotel,
just happy about the colour.
I turned my face back
to sneak  a look at the couple
to see what they were doing:
They were kissing and cuddling
in front of scooting passers-by,
feeding each other
the purple puto. My friends were
busy with their iPhones and Samsungs.









No comments:

Post a Comment