Saturday 5 February 2011

Fictionists

a poem by Roger B Rueda

I want to know the whole lot about you,
what brand names of shampoo
and soap you avail yourselves of,
what cars you drive,
what shirts and denims
you show off,
which cafés you eat in.
All this and more
by a hair's breadth matters
and makes
a difference to my life.
No. Certain episodes, I mean,
in your voyage
which brought you
closer to the aspirations
when shared,
and help me in my mission, are.
That’s what your writings
are all about.
They are nothing but a foretaste
into your spirits. They are you.
I am not thinking likely
to story of your lives.
There will come
a point, though, in your lives
when you don’t feel like
hiding anything from view.
They are standing by
to share their deepest secrets
as their mind is forbearing.
That is an incalculable incident.
Possibly that will happen
to you. I hope before long.
No one will always recognise
everything
about us, there is providentially
a small repository in our heart
that only lets out
what we want to let out.
I have buried myself in you.
I definitely read about him
in all the books I have read no further,
I read between the lines,
and try to catch the meaning
of the sentiment he
is trying to put across,
which I on occasion am aware of
is more well-defined
in his own vocables.
His judgement is challenging,
and I think he still has lots
of questions,
more than answers.
Not all, again, but people
who feel you as friends,
gracious souls to civilisation
shouldn’t be dismayed
about your voyage
as it is part
of your cultural occurrence
in life. The consequence
is you and that is
what we feel close to
as much as to feel you
as friends. Real friends
don’t judge all actions,
instead they just
hold close and lend each other a hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment